Monday, January 10, 2011

When Your Circumstances Shift, It's A Gift


If it seems like your entire world is shifting before your eyes you may be quite alarmed by all of the changes. Have you exhausted all possibilities for solving this “problem”? Are you out of time, energy and resources? Are you at the final hour and have no where to turn? Is your only hope a miracle?

What if this circumstance is actually a divine gift for you? We pray for change. We hope for better situations in our lives but we do not realize that the price we pay for wanting MORE is to give up what we have now.

Did you silently wish for a better, more fulfilling job and have recently received a pink slip? This is your opportunity to go after the position of your dreams.

Were you constantly annoyed by your lackluster relationship and wished that you could meet someone who really appreciated you? Did you just find out that your partner cheated or is in love with someone else? This is your chance to be free to find the person who is really meant for you.

Is your home in foreclosure and the creditors calling? This could be just what you need to live a more carefree life. If you let go of all the bills you had and downsize your lifestyle a bit you may be able to realize the dream of traveling like you always wanted.

You created this “loss” out of a yearning for something different. You did this to yourself and you now have the opportunity to make the most out of it. No wish or heart’s dream is without its drawbacks, but those drawbacks won’t seem so devastating once you realize that it is important to detach yourself from what you have now in order to gain more.

I was working two jobs, seven days a week and I wished that I could see my children more. As my wishes come true, and they always do, I lost both jobs all in one weekend and I am now able to spend more time with my children than I have had the opportunity to do in the last two years. At first I was devastated by the losses but as I held my two sons in my arms while watching The Sandlot late Saturday night I realized that this IS my dream come true.

Your wishes are made by your intense desires or your heart felt longings. Once these yearnings are sent out the thing you yearned for is magnetized to you, causing a shift in your circumstances.

You can choose to be devastated by the changing tides in your life or you can choose to ride the waves. I explained this to my sons in this way:

Your life is like the wheel of a bicycle. You are at the center and every person, situation or circumstance is a spoke in the wheel. When the wheel is turning, as life does, things appear and disappear from your life without cause and it would be wise to never try to hold the spokes in place or else you stop the wheel from spinning (or at least hurt your hand trying).

Be free from trying to control your circumstances. Every situation is a gift to you. Every person, place or thing that enters your life is a blessing. You need not fight to make someone or something stay. Simply enjoy its presence for it’s allotted time and then be willing to say goodbye when the time comes trusting that it will be replaced by something else. Life is a culmination of stories we tell about our existence. There’s always another story waiting to unfold. Do not get stuck in your last story. Live your adventure. Your shifting circumstance is really a gift to you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok after reading this one I thought Id pay money for this advice....and i also recognized the fear in letting someone help me....Im on my way but Im going thru some mental transitions that are uncomfortable.