Thursday, November 1, 2007

No Hocus Pocus- The Law of Attraction Simplified

Words by Te-Erika

The Law of Attraction simply says that you attract into your life whatever you focus on most.

Some of the world’s most brilliant minds corroborate this belief:

"There is a difference between wishing for a thing and being ready to receive it." No one is ready for a thing until they believe they can acquire it. Before anything can come to us, we have to envision it and believe that it is ours. -Napoleon Hill

"Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy." -Norman Vincent Peale

Faith is expectancy. You do not receive what you want; you do not receive what you pray for, not even what you say you have faith in. You will always receive what you actually expect.”
- Eric Butterworth


"The soul attracts that which it secretly harbors; that which it loves, and also that which it fears. It reaches the height of its cherished aspirations. It falls to the level of its unchastened desires - and circumstances are the means by which the soul receives its own.”
- James Allen



You must understand that our focused thoughts lead to intense feelings which translate into energetic vibrations which are sent out into the universe. These vibrations are seeking others just like them and these matches are then drawn to us and expressed through more of the same feelings and complementary circumstances.


In English...

What are you focusing on?

How does it make you feel?

How long have you been feeling like this?

Have you noticed more of the same circumstances being attracted into your life which will confirm the original thought that you held?



Check It

When I focused on the fact that every man I met was a jerk, my repeated thought became a belief. My belief led to a subconscious mission to prove myself to be right. I sought out opportunities to test my theory. Man after man came into my life and I even went after a few.

I looked far and wide, examining each pair of beady eyes and numerous pole tent crotches. Aha! Every man I met WAS a jerk, didn’t value me for more than my looks and would disrespect me at the first opportunity that he found.

I was right about all men!

I focused on my belief. I found ways to test it. I affirmed it everyday and voila, I was RIGHT!

But what if I was right about men being jerks because I wanted to affirm my belief so badly that I subconsciously sought out these negative traits in every man that I met?

If you look long enough, you will find what you are searching for.

If you focus hard enough, you will achieve what you are focused on.



Why not take that same energy and focus on a positive goal?

Goal: To become a television personality.

Belief: I am a personable, humorous, outgoing individual and many people will enjoy my speaking style and on-camera presence. My gift will be appreciated and well-sought after.

Focus: I can focus on my goal by affirming myself daily, believing that I deserve what I desire and that I will have it.

Action: I will seek opportunities to hone my craft by creating my own television projects, auditioning for other projects and learning as much about the industry as I can from the ground up.

Affirm: Nothing can stop me from accomplishing my goal. I know my opportunity to shine is coming! I will keep trying until I find it!

If you look long enough, you will find what you are searching for.


Law Of Attraction Applied:

The thought= I want to be a television personality.

The feeling I experience when I truly believe this is an attainable goal= HAPPY! HAPPY! JOY! JOY!

Universal Reaction= The joyful vibration precedes me in every meeting, interview or action I take toward my goal. Others can feel my joyful vibration and they are affected positively by my genuine joy and confidence in myself. Those who are confident are attracted to me and believe in my dream, assisting me when necessary. Those who are not confident are attracted to me because they want my confidence to rub off on them.

My unwavering belief has sent out a warm hug (through vibration) to everyone I encounter and I will receive these hugs back in the form of doors being opened and opportunities presenting themselves to me.

I have prepared, believed and focused on my dream. I AM my dream. My dream is ME.


So you see, it takes a firm expectation that you will receive what you desire, which creates a sense of excitement and joyful vibrations that are contagious and attractive to anyone you come into contact with as you pursue your desire.

Maintain your belief that you have achieved what you desire. With gratitude for this achievement coupled with assertive action, you will receive all that you have dreamt of and more.


Bonus Simplified Explanation:

Your beliefs will ALWAYS be true, whether you want them to be true or not. If you change your beliefs you change your reality. You get what you expect. Get it?

That's the Law of Attraction without all the hocus pocus.

4 comments:

Chari said...

I AM my dream. My dream is ME.


-Nice.

Anonymous said...

Wow this is a great resource.. I’m enjoying it.. good article

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.

Anonymous said...

I am my focus.