Sunday, February 6, 2011

If You Meet the Buddha on the Road, Kill Him!



There is a book written by Sheldon Kopp called If You Meet the Buddha on the Road, Kill Him! I haven’t read it and I don’t plan to. The title alone caused a shift in my consciousness that has been irreversible.

For me, this book spoke volumes in my life. All my life I yearned for guidance. I knew I had these inherent abilities yet I had no idea how to cultivate them. I studied stories of successful people to try to learn how they made choices. I thought I needed confirmation from outside of myself that everything was going to be alright. I wanted a step by step guide to find my success.

The truth is, there is none.

Every successful person has been in the place where you are in. They didn’t know what to do or where to go. They had an idea in their mind, an end result and they bumped against walls, problem solving along the way until they met their answer.

The Buddha represents the answers you seek for your life questions.

Should I go back to school?

Should I leave him?

Am I dressed right?

Is this the right career for me?

We seek counselors and psychics and advisors to affirm what we already know. We already know what is right, but we do not trust ourselves.

The proverbial “road” the title mentions is symbolic of your life journey. If you meet anyone on your life journey who claims to have the answers to your life questions or who you believe is better suited to guide you on your life journey you should KILL that idea.

No one outside of you has the answers to your life questions. No one knows what you desire better than you. No one knows what you are capable of more than you know. No one feels the hunger you have for your dreams more than you feel it. No one outside of yourself is more capable of guiding you.

YOU ARE THE BUDDHA.

You know the answers.

Trust yourself to make the best decisions. You ALWAYS get it right, no matter what the outcome is.

YOU ARE THE BUDDHA.

The Buddha lives within you.

Walk in your own power, trust yourself and be free from trying to follow in anyone else’s path. You give away your personal power when you trust anyone above yourself.

Tap into your intuition. Your intuition is your smartest self. It will guide you.

You never get it wrong. You always get it right. You know just what to do. Now, go and do it. And do not apologize to anyone for what you choose because they are not your Buddha, YOU ARE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please read the book.
That is not what it is about.