Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Celebrate Who You Are With R. Kelly

Reviewed by Te-Erika

R. Kelly has had his fair share of public hits and misses in his often tumultuous personal life. But as far as music is concerned, he's all gold.

R. Kelly is the only artist that can star in an explicit sex video and then turn around and make you want to give your life to God with his next album. The genius of his music stems from the perfect expression of inner conflict between his strong desire to be in right standing with God and an equally strong desire to feel on your booty.

We battle with those feelings everyday but most of us would never dare to admit it. He exemplifies a true renaissance artist in that he shows us different sides of who he is, both imaginative and realistic, as well as freaky and inspirational. I applaud his efforts to give his gift honestly according to where he is emotionally in life. His albums are records of his transition and a celebration of each step in his evolution.

I appreciate him for giving us I Believe I Can Fly as well as I Am Your Angel with Celine Dione, but it's his single, The World's Greatest, that I listen to when I need a reminder of how great I really am.

Thanks R. Kelly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tee, the new website is fantastic!!! Love it!! Can't wait to see more of it.

I hope your web designer can give you a more commercial design soon.

Anonymous said...

That is truly my "get up and go" song. Like R. Kelly, a lot of us constantly fight the various personalities within us. Thanks for this one, ma!

Anonymous said...

Girl I used to listen to this song on repeat..I love it!!

I'm so proud of you...keep doing what you're doing!!